My top tips for getting your head around and accepting normal infant sleep for new and expecting mamas-
1. Expect that your baby will wake ALOT and want to nurse back to sleep most times throughout the first year and beyond.
2. Even if your baby starts sleeping longer … expect it not to last.
3. Expect there to be times when your baby will be super hard to settle and may be impossible to put down.
5. Expect that at times, you will need to call in back up support to help you get the rest you need while meeting the night time needs of your baby.
7. Expect that your baby will want to sleep on the boob and not let go at times. This is normal and not a sleep or supply problem.
8. Expect that in a few short years, it is a long forgotten ‘ stress’ and all you miss is all the cuddles , nursing and closeness.
Realistic expectations (even if you consider them low expectations) make it so much easier mentally to prepare, surrender and make peace with your baby’s sleep behaviour.
Your baby is so much more than their ability to sleep. Expect little in the way of sleep and enjoy them for the whole person they are 💙😴👍🏻
💙Enjoying reading Grubby Mummy articles? Find us on Facebook 💙